Monday, January 26, 2009

Reality Check

The view from our room.
This month Kelly and I celebrated our 14 year anniversary. We went out to Daniel Summit Lodge. We spent about 24 hours away from "it all". The lodge is nice, but I was disappointed in it. We have stayed in much nicer places for about 1/3 the price. Sometime when we are dressed warmer, I would go again to ride snow mobiles. (Snow machines for those of you in Wyoming.) The food was awful. So for breakfast we went to Heber to eat at the Hub. That was good food! From there we went to Provo and did a little shopping. I got spoiled at Bath and Body Works. I got to restock on my favorite lotions, perfume and soap. We bought stuff for each of the kids. Kelly bought a new receiver for our sound system. All and all it was a great trip. My favorite thing was having Kelly's undivided attention. It was nice to talk about life, what we want for our future both near and far. There was no work, school, sports, homework, ice fishing or other things to interrupt us. I really enjoyed it and really appreciate Dad, Mom, David & the Mounteers who helped out with our kids. Especially with Kruz getting sick! Here's the reality check... We get back from our trip and go to Jalynn's basketball game. We find out that the game was delayed and we are already at the gym. We sit in that gym for over 3 hours. I was pretty tired by the time we get home and fell asleep early. I realized how badly I needed that small break and that I really miss Kelly's undivided attention!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I agree to the undivided attention. I got that while we were at the anniversary inn. You will have a week in March where you can at least cross school off the list for reasons that he is not home. Good luck!